Updated: Jul 21, 2020
1) Keep It Short: Instead of hitting the weights or treadmill for an hour or more, opt for a quicker, more intense workout like H.I.I.T. (High Intensity Interval Training). You can find some of these workouts can be found online or on Pinterest. I'm also including 2 HIIT workouts below!
2) Get it done early: Start your day with your workout so you don’t have a chance to skip it later when you’re tired.
3) Kill two birds with one stone: Cardio and Weight-training don’t have to be done separately. Combine them to get more bang for your buck. Example: Dumbbell shoulder press, combined with mountain climbers.
4) Double your TV binging: Your commercial breaks can be mini-workouts that add up after hours of watching your favorite shows. Example: Commercial one, push-ups; Commercial two, crunches; Commercial three, squats. If you don't have commercial breaks, tell yourself "after each episode I will do 20 squats 10 burpees and 20 leg raise abs before I allow myself to watch the next episode".. laying there for long periods at a time with no activity can really take a toll on your body.
5) Socialize at the same time: One of the great way to burn calories effortlessly is to be chatting with your friends working out at the same time - it seems like now you don't have that option anymore, but thank God for technology you now can! I've been training small groups of girls through zoom and they're loving it because they get to socialize with the other girls in the "virtual gym" at home. Set up you first session for FREE to try it out! www.lizzieifbbpro.com/zoom use code FREETRIAL in all caps!
6) Get ready the night before: You’re more likely to get your workout done early when you’re already ready to go.
7) Drink Up: Drinking plenty of water will help you burn fat and staying hydrated will help improve your workout performance.
8) Try for 20: If you can’t do a full hour 3 times a week, do 20 minute workouts at home for 7 days. It’ll even out.
9) Stay caffeinated: If you’re too tired, pump up with some coffee, green tea, or pre-workout. Caffeine has been linked to better workout performance.
10) Reward Yourself: After your workout, reward yourself with a piece of chocolate, new workout gear, or just an hour of relaxing. This little reward will motivate you to workout again the next day.
If you're still really needing help and that extra push, I offer 2 types of at home fitness programs. One is "go-at-your-own-pace" workouts sent to you based on what you have to work with and what type of training you'd like to do. I also offer zoom training where we log on to a virtual webcam conference call and I instruct you what to do in the comfort of your home with whatever equipment you have!
20 min HIIT Full Body Workout
45 sec jumping jacks/15 sec rest
30 sec crunches/30 sec sit-ups
30 sec jump squats/30 sec alternating jump lunges
30 sec push-ups/30 sec tricep dips on chair
45 sec burpees/15 sec rest
Complete 4 Rounds