Updated: Jul 21, 2020
Cellulite is one of the subjects I am constantly asked different questions about from my personal training clients and my Instagram followers. I myself have not suffered from cellulite, and this is not because of my genetics.. it's because I am perpetually doing things to prevent it. Cellulite, like acne, is genetic, and my Mom did have cellulite, so I know I could eventually get it too.
Sooo I wanted to write a blog about everything I do to prevent and treat cellulite to keep a smooth backside! Hopefully this helps you ladies!
1. Right before my morning cardio I use SteelFitUSA Buns of steel. It's a lotion that you spread all along your backside and is a heat activated scientific formula designed to help give the appearance of a tight and toned buttocks. So you have to start doing cardio immediately after putting it on or your booty will burn a bit!
2. When I'm showering off right after cardio, I use a coffee scrub which is meant to help reduce cellulite all on my backside. I scrub with it and leave it on while I wash the front of my body so that it can sit for a little bit before I rinse it off. I love this homemade one from Elia's Naturals (@eliasnaturalproducts on instagram). She has a soap stand every Sunday at the local Substation farmer's market, but if you don't live locally, there's a lot of good coffee scrubs on Amazon too.
3. After the shower I use Jergen's Natural Glow Firming Lotion. I love this lotion because it doesn't smell bad like the old Jergen's formula use to, and it keeps you with a natural tan color on your skin which when you're tan, cellulite is less visible. It also has collagen, elastin, and ginseng which help prevent cellulite.
Available practically everywhere, but it's really cheap on Amazon
4. I take 3 collagen tablets daily as well to help prevent cellulite and also help with hair, skin, and nails. I don't get anything fancy and expensive, it's just $8 a bottle at walmart or I have the link in my amazon store for $12 =)
5. I workout my legs 3 times a week and do cardio daily alternating between running and stair-master. Making sure that you have a lot of blood flow in the legs helps prevent cellulite and tighten your skin. Weight training also builds up muscle in the legs so that the skin stretches out and is not left loose with cellulite.
Hope this helps you girls out and subscribe to my mailing list to